1. I’m Wang Ming from YuWen School，the president of the Student Union.
2. An English speaking contest of our school will be held on August 6.
3. There will be a party in my garden on Sunday.
4. I’d like to invite you to judge it.
5. I’m writing to invite you to...
6. I wonder if you can come to...
7. We sincerely hope you can attend it.
8. It’s my pleasure/a great honour for me to invite you to...
9. It’s a pity that you have to go back to America soon. So a farewell party for you will be held in the Sun Club this Saturday evening. Could you come at 6:00 pm?
1. It will begin at 2:00 pm and last two hours, during which time 15 well-prepared contestants will deliver their speeches.
2. We will start at 8:00 am and arrive there at 9:00.
3. During the afternoon, we’ll...together.
4. Remember to take water and lunch with you.
5. By the way, you may take Bus No. 322 in front of your apartment and it will take you directly to the club.
6. I know you are a native speaker of English and an English teacher, and I, on behalf of our school, sincerely invite you to be part of the contest.
7. Since you are so eager to improve your English, it will prove to be a great chance.
8. I’m sure that you will enjoy yourself there.
1. Will you be available during that time? Please contact me at 1234567 at your earliest convenience.
2. Would you please let me know as soon as possible if you can accept my invitation?
3. We will feel much honored if you could come.
4. We are looking forward to your coming.
5. I am longing to see you soon.
I’m honored on behalf of our school to invite you to attend the evening party in celebration of our school’s 50th anniversary. Here is the information in detail.
As scheduled, the performance is due to start at 20 o’clock and end at 22 o’clock on September 20, 2016.You are arranged to sit in seat 6, row 4, section 3 where you can feast your eyes. At the party, folk songs will be performed, poem recitation and students’ group dance included.
By the way, you can take bus No.4 to the party venue, the Youth Activity Center located northeast of the crossroads where Xinghua Street meets University Road.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
1. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble fitting in your new school. Such problems are quite normal. Perhaps the following suggestions are helpful.
2. I have received your letter saying you plan to play a visit to China for ten days next month. Perhaps the following suggestions are helpful to you.
3. I'm writing to you to present what I think on the further improvement of our hotel so as to attract more clients(顾客).
4. You have asked me for my advice with regard to how to learn Chinese , and I will try to make some suggestions here.
5. I'm very glad to receive your letter asking for my advice on how to fit in the new school life. Here are a few suggestions.
6. I'm very glad to have received your e-mail. Now I'm writing to give you some advice on how to learn English well in high school.
1. I'd like to suggest that...
2. In my opinion,...
3. If I were you, I would...
4. You'd better do.../not do...
5. It's necessary for you to read some books about these places before you come to see them with your own eyes. With more knowledge about these places, you will have a better understanding of Chinese history and culture.
6. First of all, you should listen to the teacher carefully and take notes in class so that you can go over your lessons as soon as you can after class.
7. As is known to all，vocabulary is of great importance. You should spend half an hour in the morning reciting words and reading texts aloud.
8. What’s more, try to communicate with your classmates in English out of class. Only in this way can you improve your listening and spoken English quickly.
9. Last but not least, you should develop the habit of keeping a diary, which helps improve your written English and helps you go over/review the words and expressions that you have learnt.
1. I hope these suggestions will be of use to you. Remember: where there is a will, there is a way(有志者事竟成).
2. I hope these suggestions will be of use to you. Remember: The man who has made up his mind to win will never say “impossible”(一个决心要成功的人从来不说“不可能”).
3. Best wishes!
4. I hope that my suggestions are helpful for you anyway. I would be more than happy to see improvement.
5. I believe that you will take my suggestions into serious account. Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your studies/work!
6. I sincerely hope my advice will be some help for you. If there is more I can do to help, please let me know.
7. I hope you can take good consideration of my advice. I would be ready to discuss about this matter with you to further details.
8. I sincerely hope my advice will be some help for you. I'm eager to see you soon in Beijing. Wish you in advance a pleasant trip to Beijing.
I’d like to share my unique learning style with you,which I hope can be beneficial.
First of all, read extensively. While reading, I take detailed notes, which benefits me a lot. Secondly, to broaden my horizons I spare no effort to attend as many lectures as possible, which greatly enrich my experience. What’s more, I always combine what I have learned from books with that learned in lectures. Last but not least, I prefer studying independently, thus practicing my ability to analyze tough problems.
Of course, not everyone learns in the same way. Remember that developing your own learning style really counts.
1. Hello, everybody/everyone.
2. Ladies and gentlemen.
3. May I have your attention, please? I have an announcement to make.
4. Attention, please! I have something important to tell you.
1. There will be a party/speech/contest held by the English Department in the hall of the library on Saturday evening.
2. In order to welcome our friends from the United States, the Student Union will organize a party in the school hall on Saturday evening, August 15.
3. Our school has decided to hold an activity to climb Xiangshan Hill this Sunday.
4. It will begin at 5 pm and last about two hours.
5. The school will arrange several buses to take us there.
6. There will colourful activities then, such as singing, dancing, exchanging gifts with one another and so on.
7. All the teachers and students are required to attend it. Please take your notebooks and make notes. Please listen carefully and we’ll have a discussion in groups.
1. Those who are interested in the activity are welcom.
2. Those who want to take part in it please sign up at the Student Union.
3. Please come and join in it. Everyone is welcom to attend it.
4. Remember to take your hats and gloves.
5. Remember that we are required hats and water.
6. Please come on time and don’t be late.
7. You might as well take a camera in case you want to take some photos of the beautiful scenery.
8. Please pass on this message to those who are not here today.
9. I hope that you will have a nice time there.
10. I am sure you will have a good time there/then.
11. I believe you will have a wonderful time then.
12. I think you will enjoy it very much.
13. There's sure to be a lot of fun. Everyone is welcome.
14. Good luck.
15. That's all. Thank you.
Boys and girls,
May I have your attention, please? About sixty Australian students will come to visit our school on June 15. We’ll meet them at the school gate at 8:30. We’ll take them to the meeting-room, where a get-together will be held. After that, we’ll show them around our botanical garden and the school-run factory. At11:00 there will be a basketball match on the playground. They’ll leave our school at 12:00.
Please be friendly to them. We must talk with them in English. That’s all. Thank you.